- News & Events
- Camps & Academies
- March Break
- SummerArts Overnight and Day Camps
- DANCE SUMMER DANCE August 18-30, 2013
- Summer Academies August 4-16, 2013
- SummerArts and Summer Academy Registration
- Camp Policies
- Young Artist Leadership Program – Counsellors in Training
- Galleries & Residencies
- Schools & Outreach
- About Us
Please note, while we outline here some of the goals of the specific academy, the academies are also all collaborative. Students will have core disciplines and mentors while also being challenged to work with students in other disciplines. This creates a more open and creative cross-disiplinary dialogue and community of young artists who can work in other artistic “languages.”
Led by accomplished actor/director Alexis Milligan and actor Jeff Schwager, this program will take you through everything you need to become a better actor.
August 4 -16, 2013
Students develop skills in acting, movement, voice, imagination, playwriting, improvisation and ensemble collaboration. Mentors guide you through exercises and improvisations that empower you to express yourself onstage, as well as detailed script work which allows you interpret text. Sessions on acting for camera. Each student will also develop an age appropriate monologue piece for both theatrical audition and camera which will be filmed and given to you as a portfolio piece.
Bring comfortable clothes in which you can move. Be aware that you are expected at the daily warm-up as well as some dance classes (suited to your abilities).
Academy program fees
Overnight students $1000 + HST
Materials Fee: $75 + HST
NEW DISCOUNTS FOR EARLY BIRDS!
15% Early Bird for camp fees if you pay in full by December 1.
- 10% if you pay in full by January 15
- 5% if you pay in full by March 15
- 10% If you are a returning camper and you bring a friend who has never been!
- 5% for camp fees for multiple children in the same immediate family or multiple camps
- 5% for families with family memberships
Click here to see the Academy Prep List
Click here to see our faculty
Click here to register
Click here to see the general schedule of the Academies
Click here to see our policies
Click here for a bursary form
Click here to request a Printable registration form.